These are coatings comprising very high levels of wax (mainly paraffin) together with an EVA and LDPE (or blend) and applied by curtain coating, for example, to corrugated board.
The Marcus homopolymers are ideal components for use in this application due to their combination of inherent property parameters. Thus, their high melting points and hardness coupled with a very low melt viscosity aid in acheiving coatings with vastly improved characteristics. Improvements which can be obtained are:
- Better blocking resistance.
- Greater hardness and scuff resistance.
- Improved appearance.
- Superior barrier properties.
- Resistance to grease and water.
- Augmented strength (adhesion and cohesion).