These compounds are blends of a thermoplastic resin together with a plasticizer, extender, aggregate, glass beads and pigment plus other additives to enhance performance.
The Marcus polyethylene homopolymers possess a unique combination of high melting point, hardness, and extremely low melt viscosity. Consequently, they rank as perfect high performance additives for attaining a dramatically improved quality in a HMRM compound. The benefits to be secured come from an addition level in the range of 3-5% (on total formulation). The prinicipal features improved are:
- Lower viscosity and application temperature.
- Increased softening point.
- Superior abrasion resistance.
- Improved wetting characteristics.
- Facilitates sprayability.
- Attainment of thinner, sharper markings.
- Good black marking resistance.
- Better adhesion.